The Brussels climate dialogue series that was held from the Climate Summit in Warsaw (COP19 ) until the Climate Summit in Paris (COP21) resulted in the following six key messages to build EU climate ambition in the international climate negotiations:
- Seize the historic momentum for a low-carbon transformation
- Adopt an ambitious long-term goal at EU and global level that delivers clear investment signals for a decarbonised future
- The EU has a crucial role on climate finance and financial reform
- Europe’s diplomatic powers are vital for carrying the Paris agreement
- Enhance coherence between development and climate agendas
- Innovation is driving the low-carbon transformation
The dialogue series was co-organised by the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung European Union and E3G.
Download here the key messages from Warsaw to Paris and beyond.
You can find more articles on the climate summit in Paris in our dossier.