Supporting the Commons: Opportunities in the EU policy landscape
This policy document reflects on some of the EU policy barriers and opportunities in the areas of participatory democracy, the urban environment and knowledge in the digital environment.
Date of Publication
Commons Network / supportet by European Cultural Foundation / Heinrich Böll Foundation
Number of Pages
Language of publication
Table of contents
Preface: EU policy – a barrier or a facilitator for the Commons?
- Introduction: the EU needs the Commons and the Commons need the EU
- Deepening democracy – connecting citizens to policy
- Commons in the city
- Digital Commons, knowledge and peer-to-peer activity
- Internet infrastructures and the collaborative economy
- Culture goods, co-creation and copyright
- Open science, research & public goods